Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Beginning Sewing July 2020




     I added on a Beginning Sewing this summer due to increased demand and I had time since my family vacation was cancelled.  I welcomed Norah, Zakai and Victoria and her mom Veronica.


     They learned the basics of the sewing machine and then made their patchwork pillow.  I do enjoy watching them so carefully choosing the pieces they want to put together for their pillow.


     Next up was the drawstring bag followed by the book bag.


     It was quite an eclectic group but they all got along and did a great job.  I have now been using the Avery Lane sewing program for the past year.  I find it to be an easy program to follow, the students enjoy the projects and things move in a logical progression.  It is easy to use as either a summer camp or the hourly lessons after school.   I have two more camps and then take a break before starting after school sewing classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment