Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Cozy Robes

 

Robe for Cltn

     My daughter bought some Minky type fabric for me to make into cozy robes for her two kids.  I found patterns in my stash and went to work on them.  Oh My!  What a mess. The fabric was shedding all over the place and of course I was wearing cords and a sweater.


What a mess

     I decided to use the serger to finish off the edges of all of the pieces to prevent even more mess.  As soon as I cut a piece out, I took it to the serger and finished the edges.  That helped a little.


Serged edges

     The fabric also likes to move all over so I had to use a lot more pins than I would normally use.  Just glad that these weren't very detailed garments.


Robe for Miss M

     When the grandkids tried them on, they loved how soft they were.  I did make them a little oversized so that they could wear them for a couple of years.

Pattern for Cltn

Pattern for Miss M


     Not sure how long I have had the patterns in my stash, probably since my own kids were those sizes.  But robes and pajamas don't really change that much.  Happy that the kids like their robes, now time to clean everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment