Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Fabric Basket

 

Fabric basket


     We needed a way to corral all our chargers on the kitchen countertop.  We had a plug with 4 ports for cords but those cords were laying all over the counter plus there were a couple of other cords that were only plugged in occasionally. 

     I decided to make a basket to hold all the cords plus the small pouches that I had made for them.  I found directions on SewCanShe.com.  It was for 10 x 10 squares but I cut mine larger.  I also used just two different fabrics.

Tab on back

     My husband asked for a Velcro tab to be placed on the back to hold the cords going to the charger so I added that to the back.  After putting it in the kitchen and filling it with all the stuff I wished I had fused fleece to all the pieces to give it more body.  I also turned the top cuff down a bit more as it was just a tad too tall.  The color blends into the tile and countertop so you don't really see it in the corner.  

     So happy I took the time to make this, glad to not have cords hanging everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment