Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Baby Breen Shower Gifts

 

Baby Breen gifts from grandma

     Back in June we celebrated Baby Breen coming in September.  My daughter and daughter-in-law had a woodland animals themed baby shower at my house.  Our son and daughter-in-law, guest of honor, came in from Iowa for the celebration.

     I made some gifts for the newest grandchild.  First was a homecoming outfit using McCall's pattern, M6223.  I bought the spring green cotton interlock from Nature's Fabrics online.  I Used the Two in One Embroideries duckies design.  I chose the colors of the threads based on the receiving blanket that I made for the baby back for Mothers day.  

     I like this pattern and designs because you hoop sticky paper and the first stitches are the outline of the pattern piece.  Then you lay your cut fabric onto the sticky paper and do the embroidery.  After that you just sew it together and you have perfectly placed embroidery.


 



     I also embroidered bibs with months for taking monthly photos.  For a previous grandchild I did the designs on onesies.  Even though I tried to coordinate the size of the onesie to the age, oftentimes they were too small.  This time I decided to do bibs so I knew they would 'fit'. 

     I chose all kinds of fun fabrics from my stash for the background of the design and included pink, blue, green and purple as we don't know the gender.  I even used a piece of fabric from making the outfit for one of the bibs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment