Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Birthday T-shirts 2021

 

For Cltn

Monster Truck applique

     Every year for the grandkids birthdays I make them a t-shirt.  I also contribute to their college fund but this way they at least have something to open from me.


For Miss M

Unicorn applique


     Some years I find fun prints to make their t-shirts but this year I chose to do a solid color and an applique. Most of the fabric I had in my stash, I collect way too much ;-)


For MTB

     For the oldest grandson, I chose a monster truck as he is into cars and trucks.  For my granddaughter I chose a unicorn, she is really into unicorns and mermaids right now.  For the next grandson, it was a dinosaur truck, as he is dinosaur crazy.  For the youngest, I chose a giraffe in an airplane to go with the giraffe quilt I made him a few years ago.


For the youngest grandson

Giraffe in airplane

     All of the designs are from Designs by JuJu.  I really like her applique designs.  They are very well digitized and I can use lots of fabrics from my scrap bins.  I like doing applique designs on t-shirts because they are not as dense as if it was all stitches.  It is so much easier to do the applique on a flat piece of fabric and then make the t-shirt rather than trying to hoop a ready made shirt.  

     Time to start thinking about next year's t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment