Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Christmas Dining Room Table Runner

 

In place on the china hutch

     This week I have another Christmas project for you.  This is a table runner I made using designs from Embroidery Library.  I stitched out the 7.8 x 7.8 size on white felt and then cut the square to 9.5 x 9.5 for a finished square size of 9 x 9.  The three colors I used were Isacord 3951(dusty blue), 3842(country kitchen blue) and 3743(blue ink).

Christmas carriage

Christmas church

Christmas snowman

      I took the stitched out blocks with me to Patched Works and bought fabric that matched.  I framed each piece with the silver color cut 1.5" for a finished width of 1".  For the background, I was having a hard time deciding which way to run the 'stripes'.  I posted a photo of each way on Instagram and asked for opinions.

Which way should the stars/stripes go?

     The answers very pretty evenly tied but I went with the vertical stripes as someone commented that it looked like falling snow.  I liked that explanation.  That also allowed me to cut the top and bottom from the length of the fabric so there were no seams.

Back

     I cut the star fabric 4.5" wide for a finished width of 4 inches.  Overall it finished to be 19" x 49".  I used the same star fabric for the back and used a dark blue batik for the binding.  I quilted it by stitching in the ditch around both sides of the silver frame.

Finished
    
      Next week I will share with you two everyday wall hangings I made for the dining room that use some of the same fabrics.   These projects were a lot of fun. They took some planning and math but the sewing was fairly straight forward


No comments:

Post a Comment