Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Christmas Poinsettia Quilt

 

Finished quilt

     I thought I would share a couple of Christmas projects so maybe get you thinking about your upcoming Christmas projects.  Today is a quilt I did.  I saw this fabric at Patched Works in March of 2019.  I bought a yard and a half of each not knowing what I would do with them.

Block

     I decided to use the Double Attic Windows Quilt from Even More Quilts for Baby by Ursula Reikes.  I cut a total of 24 8.5" squares from the red poinsettia fabric.  I used the ruby for the sashing and first border, that was cut at 1.5" to finish at only 1 inch wide.  From the onyx and silver fabrics I cut 2.5" strips.  I also used 2 inch Thangles for the corner of the blocks.  

Corner

     I cut 6.5" strips of the silver poinsettias for the outer borders and 6.5" squares of the red poinsettias for the corner stones of the border.  The binding was the ruby fabric and I bought red marbled flannel for the backing from JoAnn Fabrics.

Quilting detail

     My friend Joni did a poinsettia pattern quilting with silver/gray thread that just pulled it all together.  I added a couple of labels and now I have a pretty Christmas quilt for the basement.  It is so sparkly with the shimmery fabrics that I bought.

Label 1

Label 2
  
   For the second label I used an outline design of a poinsettia that I had used on a previous project to quilt a wall hanging I made for the wall next to my dining room.


No comments:

Post a Comment