Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Quilt for Alice

 

Finished quilt


     My daughter-in-law's brother and his wife had a second set of twins in December.  In June they had the Christening so that is when I gave them the quilts I made.  The two quilts are very different using different fabrics and patterns,  They also turned out not to be the same size, oops.


Block detail

     For this quilt I used my tried and true, Pathways, a Three Yard Quilt pattern.  I found this fun pinwheel fabric and bought the other two fabrics that coordinated.

Border detail

     I matched the binding to the outer border like I usually do, I like how it keeps the edge flowing.  For the backing I bought orange flannel from JoAnn Fabrics.  Makes such a soft back.

Quilting detail

     Then my friend Joni, quilted it with a fun pinwheel pattern using a turquoise thread.

Baby info label

Quilt info label

     I made some labels with the quilt info and also the baby info.  Are you wondering why I have two different colored labels?  Well I stitched the baby info label on the orange and then when I went to tear off the stabilizer, I tore right thru the label, still not sure how that happened.  Of course I didn't have any more of the orange, so I used some turquoise the I did have on hand.  You just have to make do with what you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment