Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A Quilt for Amelia

 

Quilt for Amelia Kristine

     This is the quilt for Amelia Kristine, the twin sister of Alice Mae whose quilt I wrote about last week.  For this quilt I had bought a Fat Quarter bundle (8 fat quarters) while at the Sew Expo in June of 2021.  I also bought some patterns at that time that utilized 8 fat quarters.  

Blocks detail

     The pattern I used is called Big & Little.  One block has a large center square while the other has a small center square.  I found the same fabric line online at the Cute Little Fabric Shop.  I bought enough to make the binding but I wish now that I had bought more to do a border.  This quilt was quite a bit smaller than the one for her sister, duh only 2 yards (8 x quarter yard) of fabric versus three.  

Flannel backing and quilting
     
      The fabric line is called Ready Set Splash so I had the quilter do bubbles for the pattern.  I also added a frog appliqué to one of the labels.

Quilt info label

     I chose this fabric bundle for the twin quilt as the colors coordinated well with her sister's quilt.

Baby info label

     I have another family baby due in September, this time my nephew's wife is expecting.  Can't wait to see what they have.


No comments:

Post a Comment