Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Quilt Block Pillow

 

Finished quilt block pillow

      I made a quilt top with fabrics I had bought many years ago.  I'm still waiting to take it to the quilter but when I finished the top I had some blocks and other pieces leftover.

Leftover bits and pieces

Leftover quilt block

     Rather than toss it all I decided to make a pillow from it.  I added a border with corner blocks to get a bit larger pillow.  

Trimming off the dog ears

Pillow corner template
     
     After getting the size I needed, I used my pillow corner template from Home Sewing Depot to trim up the corners to prevent 'dog ears' on the pillow.

Adding the lining to the back

     I did add a napped sateen lining to the back and front pieces as it was just lightweight quilting cotton fabric.  This adds a nice heft to the pillow.  I serged the two pieces of fabric together.

Strip set used to make the covered cord

     For the covered cord, I cut bias strips from one of the pieced strip sets, pieced them together and covered my cord.  Construction of the pillow was just the usual steps after that.

Back of the pillow

     Because the fabric I had left over was just in pieces (I had to fussy cut the floral bouquets for the quilt blocks) I was not able to center the floral bouquet in the middle of the pillow back.  It doesn't look bad up in the corner, just not my first choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment