Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Quilt Retreat October 2023

 

Beautiful fall colors

     After getting home from CWC headed for Hillpoint WI for my quilt retreat with friends.  After unpacking the car I headed out for a walk to stretch my legs.  The views are just so pretty up there.

First quilt top

     I started by working on an easy quilt top to start.  This is a Three Yard quilt.  It went together quickly, I will add the borders at home.
Mornings

     In the mornings, I would wrap myself up in a warm blanket and go sit on the deck to do my Catechism  in a Year and pray my rosary while enjoying a hot cup of tea.

Nine patch block

     Next up was the most difficult quilt top I brought up.  It involved making 175 of these small nine patch blocks that then went into making 35 larger nine patch blocks that formed the quilt top.  It took part of Thursday, all Friday and Saturday and into Sunday afternoon to get that top pieced.  I still need to add the borders.
Second quilt top

     In between I took some very short walks just to stretch and get some fresh air.  I had a lot of fun talking, eating and catching up on some sleep.

Fall colors right outside the front door






No comments:

Post a Comment