Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Jack o Lantern Mug Rugs

 

Mug rugs for my friends

     At our quilt retreats my friends have been making or buying small gifts for each other.   This year I decided to make a mug rug for everyone.  I got the pattern from Designs by JuJu.

Pieced pumpkin mug rug

     I had a lot of fun going thru my orange scraps for the background of the mug rug.  In my brown and orange scraps I found enough for the back and frame.  The black was last over from making one on my grandkids' Halloween costumes.

Detail of the frame

     The batting was pieces left from having quilts quilted.  The cost was minimal but there was a bit of time involved.  After getting the pieces cut, the construction with the embroidery machine went pretty quick, just a bit of time trimming around the black pieces.  

Backs of the mug rugs

     I had a lot of fun making these and plan on making more mug rugs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment