Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January Blahs

This photo is from last January. Right now we are getting more snow and the temps are supposed to drop to below zero in the next day or two. I need some sunshine and warmth. On top of that we both have colds here and so don't feel well. Oh well, things will be better soon. With all the holiday parties finished, it is time to start planning our annual chili party. I can't believe it will be our twelfth one. We actually have friends that spend several weeks trying out recipes just to win an apron! It really is a lot of fun.
It has been exciting football viewing in our home this past weekend with both my Packers and his Bears winning. This week is going to be very tense in the house as my stomach is all in knots worrying about the game on Sunday.
I have almost finished taking down the Christmas decorations, just the dining room left to do and then haul the tree out to the curb. I always decorate the dining room first and undo it last because I love the way it just sparkles in there during the holidays.
In class Anna finished the hand sewing on her tote and put on a label. It is all done and she is so proud of it as she should be. She worked hard and did an awesome job. Grace is working on her peasant blouse and Meaghan on her pajama pants. Sammie is working on her nightshirt. I showed her a different way to do her interfacing on the neck facings. She really liked how it turned out. I need to start planning for summer camps.
I started on a piano bench cushion for a client and will do a pillow for a chair in the same room for her next. Then on to a bevy of pillows for another client.
My new year's resolutions aren't working out so well. Weight loss just isn't happening but I am getting in at least a two mile walk every day as well as whatever else my trainer has on my schedule. Saturday was a 7 mile run in high zone 1 to low zone 2. It was actually quite difficult trying to maintain a steady HR while running some elevation differences and wind changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment