Two of the tops that were going to be worn with the jeans were a solid burgundy one and a print top. The burgundy one I already had in my closet but I bought a new print blouse. I had a brown and orangey print one but it didn't really go well with denim or grey so I got a new one.
Since I was knew what I was going to wear with the jeans, I chose colors for the embroidery based on these two tops. I also have other tops in similar colors so I knew the jeans could have lots of options for wearing.
|Embroidering on the deconstructed jeans|
I chose a couple of designs from Momo-Dini. I liked the openness of the designs and only a few colors. I did have to take apart the jeans at the inseam. I split them from about six inches above the hem on both sides so I wouldn't have to redo the hems. I hooped sticky paper and then placed the jeans on it. I added a couple of pins to help hold the fabric.
|All finished and put back together|
After I finished the embroidery, I stitched the jeans back together. This wasn't hard as they did not have a flat fell seam.
|Embroidered jeans and print blouse #GYPO|
Here I am, wearing my new embroidered jeans and my new print blouse. I do like how they turned out.