Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Ring Bearer Pillows

  

Ring bearer pillows

     I had a client that I had done a couple of t-shirt quilts for previously reach out to me about doing some ring bearer pillows.  Her one son was getting married soon and she wanted to have a pillow made from her wedding dress.

Wedding dress

     She came over and we discussed sizes and styles.  After looking at several options and her dress we went with a plain pillow but with a lace bow from her dress.  Also since she has two boys, she wanted two pillows made at the same time.

Sleeve ready to be cut

     I took apart the two sleeves and there was enough fabric to cut both the front and back for the pillows.  I cut off one section of the train to make the covered cord for the pillows.  

Form before stuffing

     I made the pillow forms from napped drapery lining to give them more heft as the dress fabric was somewhat light weight.  Originally I made the form 1 inch bigger than the pillow so it would fill it out nicely.  That is what I usually do for my larger pillows.  In this case they were too big so I had to make them smaller.

Finished but no embellishments

     The pillow was nice after finishing but definitely needed more.

Bow from the sleeve

     The bow from the sleeve was the perfect way to make the pillow fancy enough for a wedding.  I hand stitched it in place and then added the ribbon.

Bow and ribbon added to the front

Bow detail


    Isn't that beading on the lace gorgeous?  On the back I put in an elastic band so that the ring bearer wouldn't have to balance the pillow.  I remember how my son when he was little and a ring bearer for his aunt kept tossing the pillow up :-)

Back of the pillow

     Even the elastic was from the dress sleeve.  What a beautiful memory this will be for the mother of the groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment