Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Pillow Remake Part 2

Frayed cording

      My client brought me another pillow cover to remake.  This one needed new cording as the old cording was frayed.

A mess of threads and feathers

     This one I had to take apart and remove the old cording.  It took time to pick out the feathers from the pillow fabric and remove all the threads.  Another big mess in my sewing room.

Getting them square

     I pressed the fabric carefully and then trimmed the pieces to be the same size.  Then I cut to remove the dog ears from the corners of the pillow.

Tapered corners

     I had some black fabric that I backed with a fusible interfacing to give it more body.  I made my covered cord and then applied it to the pillow front and then sewed the back and front together, leaving an opening to turn and also stuff the form inside.  I hope it is a form and not loose feathers because they might find their way to the outside.

New cording

     I hope to never have to deal with feathers again, it made a huge mess in my sewing room.


No comments:

Post a Comment