Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Am I Crazy?

Last night my husband and I signed up to do a duathlon on Sunday. My trainer thought it would be fun for us to do. I have never done anything like that plus I am afraid to ride my bike too fast. Should be interesting if nothing else. The following Sunday we do a 5K race. While I was at a meeting last night, hubby joined some others for a bike ride. The only problem was that severe weather moved in and at one point they ducked into a golf course tunnel to escape the wind and rain only to have the lights go out on them in there. He was drenched and covered with grit because part of the ride was on gravel trails. Oh the crazy things we do for exercise.
Sewing camp is going well. The four girls, Kennedy, Emma, Nikki and Els, are all very energetic and excited to be sewing. Today was their third day and they have all finished their sewing bags and their belts. Nikki is almost done with her shorts, while the other girls should be able to finish up tomorrow. With the girl's parents' permission, I will post some photos next week. Otherwise here is a photo of the sewing studio after they left for the day.

I finished a tablecloth for one customer and a baby blanket for another. Not much sewing work getting done with the teaching of camps. Have some pants I need to hem by Friday for another client. Spent time over the weekend figuring out yardage for another client that wants several valances and pillows for her home.
Sunday was Father's Day and the annual Pig Roast in our community. We start eating at around noon on the beach and finish up around six or later when we have eaten our fill and are too tired to do anything else. What a great way to spend the day. The dads all seem to love it also. One year the kids took my hubby to a baseball game instead (as they usually take me on Mother's Day if the Cubs are in town) but he said he would rather hang out on the beach from now on.
I was scheduled to have a stress test today but the doctor still wasn't there 45 minutes into my appointment so I left and rescheduled for another day. What a waste of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment