Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May is Here

Here is Izzy proudly showing off the nightshirt she just finished. She had previously made pants from the pig print flannel. She then made this cute nightshirt to match by adding bands of the pig print on the sleeves and lower hem. She used a decorative stitch to put on the bands. She did a great job. Now she is working on a peasant nightgown. She says she is stocking up on pajamas:-)

    In Monday's class Julia is working on her shorts, next step is the hems. Lauren finished her other throw pillow and started work on a pillowcase because she didn't have fabric for her next project. She said her mom is looking for her to make some pillows for her next. Ellen and Hayley were both sick, poor girls.

    In Tuesday's class Meghan is starting work on the sleeves for her pretty floral dress.

    I have had several inquiries about summer sewing camps. So far sign-ups are slow but I think people are still trying to get things organized for the summer. I am excited about the projects I have chosen.

    Things have been busy for me both business and personal wise. I have several projects in the works including sewing mesh panels for a tent. I was off for a few days because we went to Nashville for me to run a half marathon. This is my fifth year doing it and the third time I have done it with my daughter. Last year my goal was to break 2 hours which I did with about 15 seconds to spare. This year we just wanted to finish strong and come close to the 2 hour mark. We started the race together but at about the halfway point I told her to go ahead. She has gotten to be a faster runner than me this past year so I told her to go for it. She took off and I kept her in sight for another couple of miles and then lost track of her.
   
      When I got to the 12 and a half mile mark where we almost lost it last year the same band was playing the same song that got me to finish strong last year. I took this as a good omen and pressed on. I wound up finishing with a time of 1:57:45 which was good enough for second place in my age group. Jennifer finished more than a minute and a half ahead of me so we both did well. Another great race. I do love the Nashville course and the people are all so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment