Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quilt Retreat 2013 and CHF Academy

Colton's pillow case to match quilt

     I had two wonderful sewing trips.  The first was a quilt retreat that I have been doing with some friends for the past few years.  It is located in Hillpoint WI and called Homestead.  The place is part old log cabin and part new building with lots of windows.

     There are tables set up with two cutting stations, a couple of ironing stations and some design walls. All very conducive to sewing quilts.  I put the binding on a quilt for my grandson on the first day.  Then I worked on a quilt kit that I had bought several years ago in Sisters Oregon.  I had done the main cutting at home.  I also got the binding machine stitched onto another quilt so I will have that ready now for when I want to do some hand work.

     It really is fun and inspiring to see what everyone is working on.  Kris and I also stopped at Millhouse Quilts.  It is our favorite store in the area and we always are sure to allow ourselves enough time to stop and shop.  This year I bought a great fat quarter bundle of batik fabrics.

Close up of embroidery


     Last week I was in Charlotte NC taking classes at CHF Academy.  I took a week long class, Professional Window Treatment Fabrication I.  I made four different window treatments and learned so much.  It was also great to use industrial machines and a real work table.  I really need to figure out how to redo my work space.

     There were seven students in the class from all over including Cameron from England.  We had a great time, I have never laughed so much.  But we also all learned and helped each other.  I have included some photos of the sample window treatments that they have hanging on the walls.  What inspiration!  I can't wait to go back to learn more.

Sample of valance some of the others made on our last day

Love the trim on the valance



     Now time for me to sew some for my clients.  I am also going to make a couple of treatments for myself to practice what I have learned.









No comments:

Post a Comment