Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Maggie's Pillowcases

Happy New Year, Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras pillowcases


     Our granddaughter Margaret Rose, or Maggie as mom has nicknamed her,  arrived in February.  A couple of weeks later was my annual quilting retreat.  On my way up to retreat I stop at a couple of great quilt shops.  This year I was actually shopping with a purpose, to find just the right fabric for Maggie's year of pillowcases.

St Patrick's Day, Easter and Baseball.  I love the peanut fabric on the baseball one


     Before I left, I 'shopped' my stash to see if I had anything that I could use to make her holiday pillowcases.  I found fabric for her Happy New Year pillowcase and her Valentine and Mardi Gras pillowcases.  I also had some fun fabric for her Halloween pillowcase and lots of 2 inch strips for the accent strip.

Summer time, Fourth of July and football pillowcases


     I found some cute fabric at JoAnn's for the St. Patrick's Day and Easter pillowcases.  I bought the fabric for her football, back to school, Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthday pillowcases all at Patched Works in Elm Grove, WI.  The fabric for her baseball, summertime, and Fourth of July came from Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, WI.

Back to school, Halloween and Thanksgiving pillowcases


      After I cut all the fabric I then spent some time at the computer getting her name ready for embroidery on each of the pillowcases.  Fortunately I had saved everything I had done for her brother so I was able to just edit the letters for the most part.  A week or so spent doing the embroidery and then I was ready to sew.  I used the 'hotdog' method to make these pillowcases.  This blog of mine describes how I do it.



     I plan on giving them to her for her first birthday, not that she will be using a pillow yet.  A fun, fast project that gets to use some of those great themed prints.  Check here for the ones I made her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment