Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Beginning Sewing July 2016



Hard at work

      Had another three day beginning mini-camp.  This time the girls made shorts.  Ava and Cora were new to me sewing students while Sienna was returning so she could be with her friend.

Ava and her sewing bag

   

     While Cora and Ava were learning the basics of the sewing machine and making their drawstring bags, Sienna made the back slit denim skirt.

Cora and her sewing bag


     Cora and Ave had both done a little sewing so they quickly finished their practice sewing and moved onto the bags.
Sienna and her skirt


     On day two, the girls had all finished their first project and started on their shorts.  


Ava and her shorts

     On the third day, Cora and Ava had finished their shorts with still over an hour left of camp.  We went up to my sewing room where they chose fabrics to sew pillowcases for KonKerr Cancer.  They were able to finish them before they left!  Sienna finished her shorts and then finished up a pillowcase that had been started in my previous Beginning Sewing camp.

Cora and her shorts


    It was a lot of fun seeing the girls quickly pick up on the lessons I was teaching.

Sienna and her shorts


     I'm looking forward to my next camp, Travel Time that starts August 1st.  There was supposed to be another beginning camp next week but at the last minute two people dropped out and I had to cancel.


Look what we did in just three days


     Have a wonderful summer.

2 comments:

  1. They have done such a wonderful job! I had to learn sewing by hand before I graduated to my mother sewing machine. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina. I don't like had sewing too much so I tend to teach the way I like to sew. My grandmother let me use her machine starting about when I was 8.

      Delete