Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Becca's Quilt

Becca's ladybug and penguin quilt


     My youngest niece just graduated from high school.  As each of them graduated I made them a quilt from the Turning Twenty pattern (except for the two that are my goddaughters)  I would have a ton of fun finding twenty fat quarters that represented things they enjoyed.  When my niece started her senior year of high school  she posted that she couldn't wait to graduate and get her quilt from Auntie Celeste.  I considered it a great compliment.

Backing with quilting detail


     For Becca it was ladybugs and penguins.  I found several ladybug fabrics but the only penguin (that wasn't Christmasy) I could get was from a friend who had some scraps from a quilt she had done.  Fortunately it was a big enough piece for me to get the four different sized pieces I needed.

Penguin label


     The other fabrics were bright bubbly fabrics reflecting her personality.  The label also had a penguin, one I had bought a few years ago to make a different present for her.  The other label has the info regarding the piecer and the quilter.

Info label



     Now that they are all graduated I'm waiting for the wedding quilts to start.  I have made one baby quilt for a grand niece already.

No comments:

Post a Comment