Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Unlined Back Tab Draperies

 

Sewn tube of fabric

      I had a local yoga studio reach out to me to sew some new draperies for their interior window.  They did not need to be lined because the other side of the window had been boarded over, they were just looking to hide the backside of the boards.

Turning the tube

     They wanted back tab draperies because they were just using utility rods and wanted to hide them.  Function was not a problem as they were never going to be opened.

Pinning the tabs in place


     To make things go faster, I made long tubes of fabric and then cut then to size after turning the fabric.  I used a wooden pressing stick inside the tube to press the seam open.  Then I used my big blue tube turner and turned them right side out and pressed with the seam in the center back.

Sewing band and tabs down

     I pinned them in place on the right side of the drapery panel top, placing them at every other circle so there would be a nice consistent pattern on the front folds.  I then placed a band of fabric on top and sewed it together.  Then I pressed under the other edge of the band and turned it all the to wrong side of the panel and topstitched it in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment