Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Basement Remodel


The basement remodel is coming along a lot slower than I anticipated. Last week after sewing class and the LPC Annual Meeting, John and I cleared out the room where I teach. Up until now it has had the white plastic walls (insulation), track lights and an etched floor in a cool turquoise color. I decided to finish off the walls and separate it from the furnace area with more than the shelves that were there. The salesman told us they could install the wall under the I-beam (can't do that because of the supporting pole so I lost 3-4 inches from the room which will make it almost impossible to place everything back in there) and also that it would be done in a week. Well that hasn't happened either. Monday and Tuesday there was no work done because they had to get the electrical inspection done before proceeding further. I had to teach in the main part of the basement which is a big mess because everything from that back room was put in there to get the room worked on. The girls were very understanding and actually enjoyed it I think. Too messy for me.


Lauren is working on her purse. She made a major mistake, some of it my fault because I hadn't read the directions thoroughly. She decided to fix it rather than work around it so she is further behind than she had hoped. Poor Katie forgot her book so had to wait while mom went home to get it. She was very happy to get it and do some more sewing. She will start on cutting out her sewing bag next week. Meaghan started the sewing on her purse and Julia just needs to add the cord to her sewing bag and will be able to make her belt next week.
Spent last week going through all my notes from classes and trying to figure out my next steps, Ordered the book I need for taking my test and just waiting for it so I can start studying. Hopefully this week I will get to the Sherwin-Williams store and get my paint palettes made. The Color with No Regrets class was very helpful in getting colors chosen for the stairway/ hallways.
Ran the Reach Out and Run 5K on Saturday morning and achieved a personal best. The weather was just cool enough to be able to run fast but not so cold that it was uncomfortable waiting for the race to start. Sunday was much warmer, upper 70's, when Jennifer and I had to do our 14 mile run. It was bad. Besides the heat it was very windy which made it difficult to run. It took us almost three hours. I'm hoping that Nashville is not this hot otherwise it will be difficult to do the race in under 2 hours. Did some speed work on the treadmill this morning in long pants and top to try to get used to running in the warmer temps.
Some of my daffodils are blooming as well as the hyacinths just starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment