Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Will Spring Ever be Here?


Is this really the end of April? This photo is from Monday morning. I so need some sunshine and warmth.
The basement remodel saga continues. Yesterday they finished up the trim work according to my standards. The door frame corners were sub-standard, there was no quarter round at the base of the molding and there was a large chip in the bottom of a door frame. That all looks good now but while I was sweeping and then my hubbie was washing the floor we noticed several chips in the overlay concrete we had down there. They were definitely not there before so now we need to talk to them about that. I almost wish I had never started this project.
Still had to teach in the crowded front area of the basement yesterday afternoon. Lauren fixed the mistakes on her purse and is now making good progress on it. Katie pinned and stitched the outer edges of her sewing bag, Julia finished her sewing bag but forgot to bring the needed items to start her next projects. Meaghan is working on her purse.
The embroidery is all finished and picked up. Working on a Christening gown from a wedding dress. Had a couple of clients stop my in the last two days with some small projects they want done.
Did a webinar as a participant this morning as a final follow-up to the Color with No Regrets class I took in Charlotte, NC. I have practiced some with the family and now need to get out there and do some real live clients. Anyone want help choosing colors for a room or whole house?
This week is a recovery week in my training plan so no run on Monday, easy bike on Tuesday and just a 4 mile run in zone 2 today. Tomorrow we have a speed workout scheduled with our trainer. Nashville will be here before we know it. I am excited and very nervous.
Had a great MeetUp meeting last evening with Eddie Soto. There were just four of us talking about Social Media but I learned more again. He really asked some good questions for us to consider regarding our business and the use of social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment