Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Down to Work

Well I am back from Custom Home Furnishings Academy. I had two classes, Professional Window Treatment Consultant with Michele Williams and Color with No Regrets with JoAnne Lenart-Weary. Both were intense two day classes filled with lots of information but also fun. Now I have to study and then take an exam to become a Professional Window Treatment Consultant. I also have to practice my technique for doing color consultations. Time to get to work and put all the classroom theory to work. I am looking forward to being able to offer these services to my clients.
Sewing classes are back in session. Lauren is working on her purse, Grace needed to take time off for soccer but Katie has joined us. She has started sewing her practice stitches. Meaghan finished her sport top and started cutting out a purse. She was so excited to find flip-flop fabric like that on the pattern envelope. Julia is working diligently on her sewing bag. It was a fast paced hour of lessons on Tuesday. Matrix Basement Systems started work on finishing off the space where I teach this morning. I am hoping they will be finished before class next week.
I did an EMR (exercise metabolic rate) on the treadmill this morning. My fuel burning is much better than it was three months ago. That is good news. Now I need to work on my speed and we will come up with a fueling plan for the race on the 30th.
Spring is trying to arrive here in the Chicago area. I have a few crocuses blooming but mostly they have been eaten by the rabbits. Where is that coyote when I need him? The daffodils and tulips are starting to pop up.
I finished the quilt for my niece's high school graduation. I have posted a photo of the label but won't post any more pictures until after she receives it, I don't want to spoil the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment