Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back to Work


Here is a photo of a personalized double flannel receiving blanket I made. I had given one as a gift to my friend's son for their first baby and they loved it. When they were expecting their second, my friend called and wanted one for the new baby. I made a plain one for them to bring the baby home from the hospital and then the personalized one for later. I was pleased that they liked them so much that my friend was willing to buy some. They are not hard to do and by prewashing the fabric they don't shrink up and stay new looking even after lots of use.


Things are starting to get back to normal here after being gone a week. It took me most of last week to catch up with phone calls and paperwork. It didn't help that I had several networking meetings also last week. I was disappointed that I had no students sign up for beginning sewing this week. I don't know if it was the time of summer or just no interest. I will be getting out the fall schedule next week. I look forward to seeing what my students have been doing over the summer. Finished up a couple of other small projects and now onto the faux hobbled Roman shade that will hang in my massage therapist's room. I look forward to my massage tomorrow. It has been three weeks and I need it, usually I go every two weeks. It is one luxury that I feel is more of a necessity with all the exercise I do. Karen Langel is wonderful and I would recommend her to everyone.

My trainer had me do a brick workout for the first time on Sunday. It was a hard 45 min bike ride followed by a 4 mile zone 2 run. With the heat, the run was quite slow to keep it down in zone 2. Drank lots of water with SaltSticks and ShotBlocs to keep the electrolytes in balance. My hubby did it with me as we are looking to do a few duathlons next year.

Right now it is raining buckets again with lots of lightening and thunder. I hope we don't lose power again or get hit by lightening. It seems like every other storm someone's house in our subdivision gets hit. Mostly it has been chimneys getting damaged but there have been some major fires also.

I will end with another picture from our vacation in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment