Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Continues

WOW! Look at all those pillows. These are the pillows that the three girls finished last week in their Pile of Pillows class. In four days they made all these pillows. One set even had a button back. They learned how to make buttonholes by machine and sew on the buttons with the sewing machine also. Amy, Lauren and Mia all had a great time. Many thanks to Lauren for helping also when I was tied up. My next camp is the last week of July, it is a beginners sewing camp again. Do you know of anyone that wants to learn to sew?


On Friday last week I finished up a couple of small projects so that I could concentrate on some larger projects this week. I am lining a pair of panels someone had bought. I really wish they had just brought me the fabric because I had to take apart the whole panel to add the lining. It would have been easier to start from the beginning.


We haven't had any rain for a while and the grass is really starting to show it. Too much rain in the spring and now none when we need some. Oh how I love living in the Chicago area. Did a 5K race on the Fourth of July. I came in first in my age group, about a half a minute ahead of the second place person. This is a first for me to even place in my age group.

One last photo of the girls and their pillows and off to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment