Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Time

This is what I love about summer. Summer sewing camps are in full swing. This is a photo of last week's beginning class. In four days they went from not knowing how to even thread a sewing machine to making themselves a sewing bag, a belt and at least one article of clothing to wear. They were all so proud of their accomplishments. I love sharing my love of sewing with others. These week's camp is pile of pillows. This is a photo of what they have done in the first three days.
Monday I had a couple of people drop off projects and Tuesday I had others pick up completed projects. Now I have to find the time to do some sewing which is hard to do when I have camps. Some very interesting projects on my plate so I am looking froward to getting into the workroom. I am so blessed to be able to work at something I love.
Sunday my hubby and I did our first duathlon. It was a 2.3 mile run, followed by a 12 mile bike and then a 5K (3.1 mile) run. We just did it for fun, not too hard since we haven't ever trained for one. We both enjoyed it. We are looking at doing some more sprint distance ones next year with an international distance one in the fall perhaps down in Florida. We would combine it with a vacation stay there also. Sounds like a good goal for us.


Spending time in the yard and vegetable plot. Things are finally starting to grow. We picked over 5 pounds of cherries last night from the tree in our back yard. Still a lot more there to get picked. Slowly getting the house back together after the painters have finished. All the pictures have to go back up on the walls and the books back into the bookcases. Of course I am looking to move things around so that makes it harder.
Here is one more photo from beginning sewing ad now it is time for me to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment