Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting Back to Normal

With kudos to Scott Franzen, our basement is fixed. Scott is my go-to painter and since he was already coming to paint several other areas in the house I asked him if he had a guy that could fix the basement. No problem he said, he could do it. And he did! Great job. I had the stairways, both up and down painted and the upstairs hall. He also did the trim work in those areas plus the foyers and the ceilings in there also. Also he painted the sewing studio. John Stringer of Mudd Crete Designs fixed the floor after it was damaged by the people finishing off the area. He finished on Thursday and the painters came on Friday. Now I just have to get the room back together so I can have Beginning Sewing Camp next week. I am looking forward to sharing my love of sewing with 4 more girls.
I love the color I chose for the sewing studio. It looks bright and cheerful. Now to spend some time to find fabric for some window treatments. And of course make them.
Kris just picked up her bathroom cafes. She loves them and can't wait to see them hanging. Now on to a round tablecloth for another customer. Not enough fabric to do a ruffle but I will add a covered cord around the bottom.
Had all sorts of mis-communication this past week. First a client never showed last week, then I had a mixup with emails with another business woman that I was meeting for coffee. I was talking Tuesday, she was talking Monday. When I didn't show on Monday she called and left emails but I was not here because I took my mom to a funeral for one of my dad's aunts. We did manage to get together Tuesday. Very informative meeting. Then yesterday, Kris didn't come by in the afternoon to get her cafes. She called while I was out waiting to meet my web guy who forgot all about our meeting this morning. Meeting with web guy rescheduled and Kris has her cafes, so things are better.
Another race is over. I did the North Shore Half Marathon on Sunday with Jennifer. We had been training to race it at least as fast as Nashville but neither of us felt we were as prepared. I don't know if it was more in our minds because we had already achieved our goal of an under 2 hour half or because we knew how hard it really was to do it that fast. We set out to do our best. At around mile 7.5, Jennifer had to walk because of pains in her side. She told me to go ahead which I did. I was worried about her though. Lauri, our trainer, wanted me to count how many people I passed in the final 2 miles. I think it was her way of getting my mind off the pain and also to show me how strong she felt I was. I passed 27 people. Not bad but I just didn't have anything left to really push across the finish line. My time, 2:00:01. Missed a 2 hour half by 1 second! Jennifer was about 2-3 minutes behind me. John ran the 5K along with our son PJ, his fiancee Kate and her sister Rebecca. It was a beautiful day for a race. We are planning on doing one more half this year, probably some time in October, after PJ and Kate's wedding in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment