Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Begins

My niece has graduated from high school and I have included some photos of the quilt I made for her. It arrived in the mail yesterday according to my sister so it is safe to post the pictures now. Congrats Brittany on graduating and good luck in culinary school.
Summer weather is here in the Chicago area, at least for a while. Over the holiday weekend, we had cool and overcast on Saturday, which was okay for the 14 mile run I did with my daughter, Sunday was cool and foggy which made for a very interesting Bike the Drive in the morning. It was misty and breezy most of the time while we were biking the 30 miles on Lake Shore Drive. At times you couldn't even see the buildings. Then Monday came and with it came the warm weather. We did a bike ride in the morning and then yard work the rest of the day. The beach in front of the house was packed with people. Today the sky is sunny with a bit of a wind and lower humidity. Nice to be able to open the windows.
Just one more sewing class before we break for the summer. Lauren and Meghan are both sewing ruffle skirts but out of very different fabrics. Katie finished her round neck blouse and Julia didn't show up. Hope she's okay.
Finally working on the bathroom cafes for a friend. They will be tab top ones with two different fabrics with a covered cord between them. The top part will be flat while the bottom part will be pleated. They should look great. I have my CEO lunch today. Always a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment