Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August is Here


With it being August now, that means that summer is nearly over. I am already missing the longer days. It also means that county fairs are in full swing. I entered ten items into the Lake County Fair and won ten ribbons, first, second or third. I also won two champion ribbons. We went to the fair on Friday evening to see the rodeo but the line was way too long so we just went back home. Went on Sunday then for the demolition derby. Always a lot of fun. Ate elephant ears and tried a new thing, a pizza made with a crepe. It was okay, could have had more cheese.


End of summer also means that fall after school classes will be starting soon. I will once again offer classes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays after school. I can't wait to see my students again. They also have a nice surprise awaiting them as the Sew Much Fun Sewing Studio is complete. I just have a few things to hang on the walls and also make a small window treatment but the floor is fixed and the walls are all painted and the furniture is all back in place. It is slightly smaller than before because of the wall system they used but we will be fine.

I finished a few small projects last week and also a faux hobbled Roman shade for my massage therapist, Karen Langel from Grayslake Massage. She recently had her room repainted and this treatment will be the finishing touch. I look forward to seeing it in place. Starting on a couple of projects for a previuos client. She needs her headboard cover remade with covered cord instead of a flange and a seat cushion recovered.

Saturday was the shower for our son PJ and his fiancee Kate. Our daughter hosted it at our house because hers is so small. We catered it from Infinitea from Antioch. We had a delicious assortment of finger sandwiches, sweetbreads, and scones with all the fixings. We also had three different teas that they brewed for us. That was followed by an assortment of desserts from Infinitea and a cake from Lovin' Oven Cakery. Everything was so good. The wedding is in just over a month. I need to get shopping for my dress but work has kept me busy, which is not a bad thing.


My trainer has me a a gluten free diet right now to see if we can solve some issues that I have while running. It worked today on my 8 mile run. I have a 5K on Saturday so we will see what happens. It is really hard because I love my bread and pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment