Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Winding Down

Well summer is winding down. I can already feel it in the cooler nights, a much welcome relief. That means that my after school sewing sessions are starting soon. I will start again the week after Labor Day. I have two girls in my Monday class and three in my Wednesday class. There is still room if anyone wants to sign up. The girls have so much fun and I look forward to their enthusiasm every week. I want to start something new with them this year. I would like them to prepare to be in a fashion show next October for our ASG group. Every year our Chicago chapter has a fashion show luncheon. We alternate between the north side and the south side of the city. In 2012 the luncheon will be up this way again so I would like to encourage my students to get ready to 'strut their stuff' next year. I think they will like having a goal of some kind.
This is Anna showing off her pajamas she made.

With that in mind I think I will also plan a camp for the summer that will involve them making an outfit with a matching purse for them to be able to model also. I am also planning a winter break camp so the girls (or boys) can make gifts for the holidays.

I finished up a set of seat cushions for a kitchen nook. The client was thrilled. They make for a great little place for her to enjoy her morning coffee. Next up are pillows for a family room to brighten up a rather dull room. I love being able to help people transform their ideas into reality and make a house a home. What can I help you do?

Doesn't this just make you want to 'sit for a spell'?



No comments:

Post a Comment