Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Upcoming Wedding

With our son's wedding on Saturday and the holiday this past weekend, not much has been going on in my business. The one thing I am doing is altering a dress for my mom for the wedding. Even though it was a petite I still had to shorten it 4 inches. Also the shoulders were way too big. The princess line of the dress fell at her shoulder line and the sleeve cap was 2-3 inches down her arm. Of course the dress is lace with a lining so I had to remove the sleeve, undo the shoulder seams and then remove two inches from the front and back at the princess line. The lace and lining are stretch fabric so they are being a pain but I think the finished dress will look so much better that it will be worth it. Next up is shortening my dress. I just need it up about a half inch, not much but just a little so it doesn't catch on my heels when I walk. Also I am putting the binding on a quilt for my son and his wife. I picked it up last week from the quilter. Donna did such a great job. She really turned my fairly basic quilt into a work of art. I will post some pictures next week after I give it to them, just in case they might see this.
Next up are several small projects for a client. First will be a cushion and valance for her laundry room. Then several pillows for her family room that will inject some much needed color. She also found some great fabric for the kitchen that is open to the family room. After looking at several different pictures of window treatments she found one she just loves. I ordered the patterns and am looking forward to getting started on the projects.
My hubby and I picked up new road bikes last week. We are now practicing on using the clips and the different gear shifting. We will be doing a duathlon in October. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the one we did in June for fun.
I will close with a photo of the label from the wedding quilt, shouldn't give too much away since the designs are from their 'Save the Date' cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment