Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Need Some Sunshine

It has been gloomy and raining for the past five days. On Saturday, Jennifer and I got in our 11 mile run with only a little rain. On Sunday when hubby and I went out for a 25 mile bike ride it started to rain. We decided to keep going but then the lightning started. We didn't want to chance any problems with that so we hightailed it home. Only about 3 miles from the house but it started to come down in buckets. We took the main roads back to the house risking the traffic to get home more quickly. Of course it stopped raining by the time we got back but we were too soaked to want to go back out. I haven't been able to get to the vegetable plot for the past few days either cuz of all the rain. I'm hoping the pumpkins are doing well and maybe I will still have some good tomatoes when I do finally get a chance to get there.


We enjoyed pasta with homemade tomato sauce made with veggies from the garden on Sunday. We are trying a new thing here now with two married children. I would like to get together once a month for a family dinner. I was telling them we could celebrate birthdays, help each other with yard work, watch football or enjoy the beach. I will also let our son in Iowa know the dates so if he has a free weekend he could maybe join us. I miss seeing him more regularly. It was great to have him home for a few days for the youngest one's wedding a couple of weeks ago.
In sewing classes, Julia is almost finished with her nightshirt, Lauren is just getting ready to put the lace trim on her capris, Anna is cutting out a car organizer for her aunt, Meghan finished her ruffle skirt and will start on something new this afternoon while Katie is almost finished with her back slit denim skirt.
I am working on a valance for a laundry room and just sent off some fabric estimates to another client for treatments in their family room/eating area and dining room. Looking forward to getting started on these projects.


I finished another jacket for myself. Our challenge in my neighborhood ASG group has been to take a pattern we like and make it several different ways. For the latest one I combined the Capri Jacket pattern from Textile Studio with an old vest pattern from McCall's, 7255. The fabric and buttons are all from my stash. I am hoping to reduce my stash by another bin soon. Of course as soon as I do I will probably find more fabric I can't live without ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment