Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More Beautiful Fall Weather


Well the weather has been great for the past week. Let's hope it holds out until the weekend when John and I are doing our second duathlon. We went out and rode the bike course last Sunday. It has a few good hills in there. Did a trail half marathon with my daughter on Saturday. It did not go very well. Things were great the first half but by mile 10 I was ready to walk. I have done many half marathons but I just didn't have it in me for this one. I never did walk but I did send my daughter on ahead. She finished about a minute and a half before me. I have been considering doing my first marathon next year, now I'm not so sure.

I finished another jacket from the challenge to make one pattern 10 different ways. This time I combined the Capri Jacket pattern from Textile Studio with Swing Jacket from Country in the City. I copied the back with the yoke and pleat, added cuffs to the sleeves and straightened the side seams. I also eliminated the v-neck and curved the top of the front the same as the bottom. I added a contrasting 'placket' to the right front. The button on the back is actually two buttons combined. I had enough fabric left over that I made a matching shell from Great Copy 1260. And the best part is that it was all from stash again!


In class, Julia is making good progress on her back slit denim skirt and Lauren is working on her tank top. She had wanted to embroider something on it but she chose such a flimsy knit that I told her it probably wouldn't hold the stitching well. Anna missed class last week, Meghan is working on her banded blouse and Katie started on her peasant blouse. She was proudly wearing her back slit denim skirt that she had finished last week.

Finished the embroidery for 2 Hot 2 Handle Glass last week and now am working on some pillows and a kitchen valance. Just lost a project because the client didn't want to drive 30-45 minutes to get to me. Oh well I need to work on getting some more work onto the table now.

No comments:

Post a Comment