Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Keeping Busy

Better late than never, a happy Halloween. Hope you all had a good one. We were light on trick or treaters this year so I have lots of pretzels and graham Goldfish left. Oh well they will keep until I have my summer camps when the kids will enjoy them at treat time.
Sewing classes are going well. We canceled class for Monday due to Halloween. I figured my girls would rather be out getting candy and I wouldn't have to listen to the doorbell ring while I was trying to teach. Anna is almost done with her car organizer. She still won't show it to her mom until she is all finished. Isabelle started last week. She has some experience with a sewing machine so she is moving right along. I think Meghan finally has the band on right on her blouse. She has been so frustrated with it but has kept working at it. Katie is putting the elastic in her peasant blouse and should be finished soon.
Finished some vests for Adventure Princesses and some much needed hemming for my daughter. It's funny how the family stuff keeps slipping to the bottom of the pile. Now on to some pillows and a slipcover for an ottoman. I'm thinking of putting in an invisible zipper to make it easier to take on and off for washing. The client has two little girls and it might need to be washed frequently. Here is a before photo.
I met with my trainer yesterday evening to discuss how 2010 went and plans for 2011. I am losing weight and body fat nicely with the Elite Body Composition class my husband and I are doing. I attained my goal of doing a half marathon in under two hours in Nashville in April and my hubby and I did our first duathlon in June followed by a second one in October after getting ourselves some road bikes this August. Next year I am planning to run my first marathon and do several sprint duathlons with my hubby followed by an olympic distance one in November. Sounds like it could be a challenging year but with Lauri's guidance I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment