Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to 2012


John and I celebrated the new year with our friends Cheryl and Leo at Dress Up and Dance. It is a local alcohol-free dance club. They had DJs spinning tunes, some line dancing lessons and snacks to munch on. There was even a 'champagne' toast at midnight. In all it was great fun. In the morning we went for breakfast to Egg Harbor Cafe thanks to a gift certificate I had gotten from Anna, Meghan and Katie. Their strawberry-orange juice was delicious. Then later it was a run followed by watching football.

Worked all week and I finally finished the panels I had been working on. They turned out great. I would love to see a photo of them hanging. Here is a close up look at that pleats. I used the pattern of the sewn on trim to determine the spacing of the pleats.

Finished some repairs on torn pants and a name on a backpack. Now on to the alterations for an upcoming beauty pageant. Classes start back this afternoon with the girls and I start with more private lessons on Tuesday next week.

Another great Action Coach group session this morning with more 'homework' to do. Next week is a big Action Coach Growth Club program. Looking forward to even more ideas to help grow my business.

John and I planned out our race program for 2012. He got up early Saturday morning to sign up for the Cary half marathon in March. It is going to be his first one. There is a large group from TFP, where we train, that is going to be running it. I will be there to cheer them on. I plan on doing half-marathons in Nashville and in Highland Park with my first full marathon in September in Milwaukee. We are all signed up for a duathlon in Pleasant Prairie in June. Then he is going to do his first triathlon in July/August and we will finish up the year with a longer duathlon down in San Antonio in November. Going to be very busy training all year.

One last photo from our Christmas celebrations. We got together with his side of the family on Friday at our daughter's house. We have one more party coming up, Twelfth Night, at a neighbor's home and then time to buckle down and lose these last five pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment