Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where is Winter?

Winter has not made much of an appearance this year. Except for the ice one Thursday when I slid and hit the curb and damaged the car, it has been mild here. That is all supposed to end this evening though as rain, sleet and snow are expected to hit. Oh well, I have enjoyed being able to bike outside this late into the season.

This is a purse I made to go with a jacket I had made earlier. I made 6 jackets using the same base pattern as a challenge from our neighborhood ASG group. I bought the purse pattern and supplies while at the ASG National Convention in LA back in August. The handles were in my stash. I do not recommend using them with this pattern as I could not sew the top on the machine. No way were those handles allowing me to turn the purse. Had to sew it by hand, turn right side out and them I was able to topstitch by machine.




This is a close up of the embroidery I put on the purse. The last photo is of the inside and the embroidery there.





Two new girls joined Monday's class, Nicole and Hayley. They learned the basics of the machine and started sewing on fabric after finishing the paper practice sheets. Julia has just the hems on her blouse and Lauren has only the tie to finish for her robe. Anna is nearly finished with her tank top, Izzy is starting a pair of pajama pants as well as Katie. Meghan is so close to finishing her banded top.

Now off to a Growth Club meeting that lasts all day. Next week I will let you know all about it and also start sharing the 6 jackets from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment