Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

End of April

  In my Monday Class, Julia is working on a pair of shorts. She is doing a great job but is wanting to make them very low rise and very short. Trying to diplomatically explain to her why that is not proper for a 10 year old and that her mother would not approve. Lauren finished one throw pillow for her room and is working on the second one. They are turning out really cute. Ellen started sewing her sewing bag. She is quite good at handling the machine. Hayley didn't show up, hope she is not ill.

   Tuesday I cancelled classes so I could go to Vision12 at McCormick Place. It is an industry show for designers and workrooms. I took three classes and watched several floor demonstrations. Here I am with Susan Woodcock from Rowley.
She is their brand experience manager and along with Laurie Medford does all these wonderful webinars for Rowley. After 'watching' her for a couple of years it was nice to meet her at the Sewing Expo in March and now again here at Vision12. I took her Workroom 1-2-3: 1 Shade, 2 Pillows, and 3 Drapery Styles class. Can't wait to make some of these and be able to offer them to clients. Such talent and imagination.

   The other classes were Showcasing Your Work, Portfolios and Hand Samples with Jill M Ragan Scully and Discovering Your Value with Jennelle Dech. In both I learned so much. It really was worth the time and hassle of traveling downtown for a day.

   Next up on my calendar is a half marathon in Nashville Saturday. I ran a 5K this past weekend and came in second in my age group. This will not happen in Nashville that is for sure. Looking forward to running it with my daughter Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment