Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mid April


It is mid April and the weather has definitely gotten cooler. Fortunately no snow (knock on wood) since those weird 80 degree days in March. If we don't get a frost I should have a great cherry crop this year.

Monday after school classes are quite busy. Julia is working on a blouse, Lauren started some throw pillows for her room, Ellen, our new girl, has earned her Sewing machine Driver's License, and Hayley is working on her peasant nightgown. She had a few mishaps sewing on one sleeve and we had to spend some time ripping it out. Hoping this will convince her to slow down a little. She is trying to keep up with the older and more experienced girls and just isn't there quite yet.

Tuesdays classes are down to 2 since one of the girls wound up with a conflict with her softball practices. Izzy is almost done with her nightshirt and Meghan's floral print dress is coming along nicely.

Summer camp sign ups are starting to come in. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the girls that are only able to come to summer camp.

I have stepped down as our neighborhood group leader for ASG. I wasn't able to devote enough time to do the position justice. My sewing business is getting so busy I just couldn't find the time to do everything. I still plan on going to the meetings but not be involved in the planning, etc. I am all signed up for the ASG Conference in Houston that will be in August. I'm taking some great classes.

Off to get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment