Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sewing Fun



     This is a photo of a top I made from an ASG Simplicity pattern. Every year ASG, American Sewing Guild, has a national conference and also works with Simplicity pattern company to have special ASG patterns. The idea is to make something from one on these patterns and then wear it at conference.

      For the past few years I was not too excited about the patterns they came up with. This year I really liked several of the patterns. The one you see here is Simplicity 1916, view D. I made it from a soft knit from Nancy's Notions and trimmed it with lace from my stash.

      I also made a dress from Simplicity 2703 but right now it is at the Lake County Fair getting judged. I used a cotton damask tropical print that I had picked up many years ago while on a vacation. Don't even remember where we were right now.

      I will probably wear the dress at conference for 'Wear Your ASG Pattern' day. I don't have any photos of the dress because I just finished it before I had to turn it in for the judging. Nothing like last minute sewing;-)

      I have been busy keeping up with my two garden plots. The tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini are coming in like crazy. I have also picked a few peppers and some celery and a few carrots. Most of these I started from seed so it has really been fun to watch it all grow.

      I am in the midst of ramping up my running and biking in preparation for my October marathon and December duathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment