Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to Work



     Here is a photo of a T-shirt quilt in progress. The client and her daughter did the hard work of cutting apart the t-shirts and ironing on the interfacing. The daughter wanted the quilt to be random sizes of the t-shirts.

      My first step was to cut all the t-shirts into nice rectangles After cutting them all, I played with a layout that would allow me to construct the quilts with columns of t-shirts. I chose to have the two narrower columns on the outside and the wider t-shirts forming the two middle rows.




     Yesterday I went shopping at Quilt Play in Grayslake for some fun fabric. The daughter wanted bright fun prints. I found four great prints that coordinated with some of the brighter t-shirts.




     Now the real work begins. I need to make each t-shirt in a column the same width and then add fabric between them to form equal length columns. Each piece is a different size so I need to measure and cut each one individually. It is a lot of walking between the room I have the quilt laying on the floor and the room next door where I sew and cut. Oh well, according to an article in today's Chicago Tribune, sitting is bad for your health so I am just keeping healthy;-)

      Hopefully next week I can post a photo of the finished top.

No comments:

Post a Comment