Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

After School Sewing Fall 2014

      Meet the three newest students in my after school classes.  Claire is a neighbor of mine and has been doing a bit of sewing.  She is in high school and has been doing a bit of sewing for costumes.  Her dad thought she could use some basic sewing lessons so she can perfect her skills.


     Grace is also a neighbor.  Her friends have been doing sewing with me for a year or so.  She really liked what they were doing and decided to join them in lessons.


     Sarah is a high school student that after seeing the fashion and sewing shows on TV wanted to try her hand at it.  All three girls have earned their 'Sewing Machine Driver's License' and are working on their drawstring bags.

     On Mondays I have Elise, who took beginning sewing this summer with me, Bella, Aviva and Grace.  Tuesdays I have Nonie, Christine, Ellen and Cara.  Wednesdays is Lindsey, Natalie and Nick. Thursdays is Sarah, Hayley, Claire and Greta.

     It is interesting to see the different dynamics in each day.  Some classes I feel like I am trying to herd cats as the topic of conversation gets a bit out of hand.  They are always good though when I do finally put my foot down so to speak.

     I am going to do a purse challenge with them.  They will learn to make the basic purse in class and then make their own version outside of class.  They are welcome to bring the purse to class if they get stuck on a technique but otherwise they are going to be doing it on their own.  At the end of the school year we will have a contest/fashion show of their creations.


     I am looking forward to a fun filled year with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment