Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chicago Marathon and JDRF



     The logo may be a bit blurry but my focus isn't.  Today's blog is a departure from my usual writing.  Today I am asking for you help in supporting JDRF, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

     In 11 days I will be running the Chicago marathon in support of JDRF.  I have a sister and a niece that both have T1 diabetes.  My sister was about 10 when she was diagnosed and my niece who just turned sixteen was diagnosed as a toddler.  It changes so many things for them and their families.

     By running 26.2 miles I hope to help find a cure for diabetes.  There are so many exciting things happening right now in the research world that finding a cure is not unthinkable.  Please help me in my cause by going to my page and donating.  Even $5-10 would be a big help.

     Next week I will tell you all about how the fall after school classes are going so stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment