Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fun T-shirt Pillows

Pillows from old T-shirts


     I recently had a client that asked me to make some pillows from a couple of T-shirts.  She originally wanted two smaller square pillows but when we laid out the square she realized she would be losing a lot of the logo so opted to go with a slightly larger square.

     The orange T-shirt had the logo printed near the neck edge so it would have been quite top heavy, image-wise so we opted for a rectangular pillow instead.  Even then the logo was so close to the neck edge it was somewhat off-balance.  I chose to take the small team logo from the back and fuse it to the front piece to balance it out visually.  I used the heavy duty Wonder Under so no stitching was necessary.

Overlap closure


     I opted to use the overlap closure for the back for such a casual pillow instead of the normal zipper closure I usually do.

Overlap closure


     I fused Shirtailor to the back of the T-shirts after taking them apart, similar to the same thing I do when makingT-shirt quilts.  I then cut out the size pieces I needed, and angled the corners to eliminate the dog ears.  I sewed the flap closures down and then overlapped them and sewed to the front piece, serging the edges for a neat finish inside.

Showing your team loyalty


     A fun project to show off your team loyalty!

No comments:

Post a Comment