Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Quilt for a Client


Finished quilt for Angus


     A friend/client saw the quilts I have been making lately for all the babies in the family.  She was expecting her first grandchild and wanted to have a quilt for him.

Block detail


     Her daughter had the nursery decorated and they knew it was going to be a boy.  We went shopping one day at our local quilt store, Quilt Play.  We found a tree print that worked with the theme of the nursery and also the colors.  Then we chose a blue bird print and a brown batik that went well with the trees.

Backing and quilting detail


     For the back we found a leaf print flannel.  I used the Pathways Three Yard quilt pattern that I have used multiple times.  I got it all pieced and then took it to the quilter.  I found a leaf pattern and a nice soft brown thread for the quilting.  After getting it back I sewed on the binding all by machine, much faster than hand stitching.

Label


     I also added a label with the baby's name and birthdate as requested by my friend.  Another baby will be wrapped in a soft warm quilt made with love.  What made this extra special was that I had sewn the wedding dress for the mom and the mother-of-the-bride dress for my friend/client.

No comments:

Post a Comment