Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Travel Time Sewing Camp

Hayley

Hayley's Projects


     My last sewing camp of the summer was Travel Time.  The girls made an organizer that rolled up and then could hang from a hook in the bathroom.  They also made a clear vinyl zippered pouch to store things that might leak, a tag for their luggage and a cord 'taco' to keep charging cords or headphones from tangling.

Kara

Kara's Projects


     I found the instructions for the hanging organizer in an old Sew News magazine.  I made a few minor changes to the construction to make it a little easier.  We found we had to use some tissue paper to sew on the vinyl, I didn't have Teflon feet for everyone.

Kelsey

Kelsey's Projects


     The other projects I found on Pinterest.  What a great source for finding fun and free sewing projects.  By the end of camp the girls had put in 4 zippers, made a buttonhole on the sewing machine, pounded snaps into place and made their own double folded binding tape.

Makayla

Makayla's Projects


     It was fun seeing how different they all turned out due to the girl's fabric choices.  A few mistakes were made and corrected and lessons learned about patience and persistence.  They all finished by the end of the fourth day with a little help.

     I think I will do this camp again in a few years.  Now a little break before I start after school sewing the week after Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment