Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Christmas 2016 Outfits

Dress
Vest











     This past Christmas my daughter asked me to make matching outfits again for her two little ones.  Of course I said yes.  She bought the flannel at JoAnne Fabrics.  I did a prewash in hot water to shrink it.  Little did I know but the cute reindeer fabric that my grandson picked out would bleed onto the red flannel.  I have never had this happen before.

Vest pattern



      Fortunately she had bought extra fabric so I was able to cut out the sleeves and collar to avoid the worst of the staining.  I used this same pattern last year for her dress and just traced off the next size.

      For the vest I had this pattern in my stash.  It didn't have a buckle and belt for the back so I just added it to the side seams.


     Since the candy cane buttons are really just for show, I added snaps for the closures on both.  On his vest I also stitched one of the buttons over a candy cane that the reindeer was holding in the printed fabric.  Added a fun touch.

Pajamas

Pajama embroidery
     I also embroidered a pair of pajamas for my grandson.  I bought these fun ones with the striped leggings in every size that they had.  Every year I will embroider the next size up with a gender neutral design.  That way they can be passed down to his sister and any cousins that come along.  He already has one little cousin on his mommy's side that they can be passed onto.





Vest back



     Already anticipating what I will do for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment