Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Raffle Quilt

Pile of t-shirts

    The place where I train, The Fitness Pursuit, in Grayslake was having a client appreciation day.  They had gotten raffle prizes from various vendors and I decided to offer one of my t-shirt quilts as a prize.  Carl D chose my quilt as his prize.

Completed t-shirt quilt


     Several weeks later, after sorting through his many race shirts, he gave me 20 of them.  I cut them apart, ironed on interfacing and cut them to size.  For one t-shirt I chose to use part of the back also, so I sewed those two pieces together before ironing on the interfacing.

     I laid them out on the floor to determine placement and then sewed them together.  A trip to JoAnn Fabrics to get 2 yards of fleece for the backing was next.  I placed the top and fleece right sides together, pinned all-around the edges and trimmed off the extra fleece.  I sewed around, leaving an opening to turn.  Then I stitched all around the outside, closing up the opening.  To keep the layers together, I did some stitch-in-the-ditch quilting at the corners of the t-shirts, just about 3-4 stitches in all four directions.

     Carl was very pleased with his prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment